The Al-Anon program is based on the 12 suggested steps of Alcoholics Anonymous, which we try, little by little, one day at a time, to apply to our lives, along with our slogans and the serenity prayer. The loving interchange of help among members and daily reading of Al-Anon literature thus makes us ready to receive the priceless gift of serenity
Members of Al-Anon learn to live happily regardless of whether the alcoholic is still drinking. They learn to cope with feeling angry, guilty, overwhelmed and alone. They learn that alcoholism is a disease, and not a disgrace. Sharing experience, strength and hope shows other members they are not alone. We learn to put the focus on ourselves, and to reclaim our lives. Al-Anon is a powerful tool in the recovery process!
- Have you been looking for a way to do service? Join us in planning the convention . . . We have ways to serve in many different capacities leading up to September. Join our Ruby Red Celebration Committee. Click here for more information.
- Area 8 Public Outreach Coordinator - Position Description
- Public Outreach Coordinator - District 2
- Public Outreach Coordinator - District 3
- AMIAS (Al-Anon Member Involved in Alateen Service)
Come One, Come All
Are you a teen?