A wonderful assortment of Al-Anon and Alateen literature exists to help us in our recovery. We offer pamphlets, brochures, daily readers, books, newcomer packets, The Forum (Al-Anon's monthly magazine), and even copies of our public service announcements which appear on TV and radio. For general information about Al-Anon and Alateen literature, click here
You can order these by contacting our local literature distribution center. Click here to place your order. Please include the books/literature you want to order, address for mailing, and your phone number. Click here for the literature order form
When you buy from your local Literature Distribution Center, you support your local services!
- New Daily Reader (Working Title): Sharings are still needed. Hoping to have sharings about the Steps, Traditions and Concepts of Service. Send your share.
- Intimacy Book: This new book has been approved and is currently undergoing policy review. Will be introduced at the 2018 Al-Anon International Convention in July.
Readers are members who are already attending Al-Anon. Members share how the various tools of the program including the Twelve Steps, Traditions, and Concepts of Service have helped them find - and keep recovery.
- Members can subscribe to The Forum throughout the year
- Individual copies of The Forum are now available on Amazon and Kobo for $1.49 (U.S.) and Apple iTunes for $1.99 (U.S.). An annual electronic subscription is available from Barnes & Noble for $11 (U.S.) with individual copies for $1.49 (U.S.).
Keep your eye out for the "CAL Corner" where each month members' share on how a particular piece of our literature has enhanced their recovery. They could especially like sharings about Discovering Choices (B-30), Lois Remembers (B-7), One Day at a time in Al-Anon (B-6), and the Paths to Recovery Workbook (P-93).
Al-Anon Faces Alcoholism
The content is designed for families of alcoholics who are unfamiliar with our program. Members write about their own denial, or share how they overcame the fear of reaching out for Al-Anon's help. Members share hope, understanding, and compassion for the alcoholic's illness and its effects on the family. Articles by professionals and basic information about Al-anon are included. AFA motivates readers to start attending Al-Anon.
- Members can order AFA two times per year.
- Hope and Understanding for Parents & Grandparents (P-94): New 24 page pamphlet containing personal stories from parents and grandparents of problem drinkers. Available now for 75 cents.
Are you looking for electronic versions of Al-Anon literature? Go to the Al-Anon Online Store and click on "Electronic Literature" from the list of categories on the right. Once you have selected the ebook you want, click on the hyperlink to your preferred provider from the icons included. This new feature takes you directly to our page on the vendor's site. Free apps are available from the Google Play, Apple Store, and vendors' websites for members to download to their PCs, mobile phones, and tablets.
- Courage to Change: One Day at a time in Al-Anon II (eB-16) - Available in English, French and Spanish as one book for $9.99 (U.S.) from your third-party vendor